#CCI4Change project embraces its journey at Kotka
29 January 2024
On January 23rd and 24th, partners of the CCI4Change project gathered in person for the first time at the City of Kotka. Spanning a comprehensive lunch-to-lunch meeting, the partners jointly assessed the status of each contributor, strategically planned the upcoming intense year, and considered the evaluation process for the planned activities.
“CCI4Change: Facilitation of Citizens’ Energy Consumption Behavioural Change in BS Cities and Municipalities”, funded by the Interreg Baltic Sea programme, will work to empower, and build the capacities of local authorities and creative and cultural professionals to collaborate in synergy, embracing mutual benefits. The project will pilot new collaboration models between local authorities and creative professionals, aiming to transform citizens’ energy consuming behaviours. The pilots will be caried out in Jurmala, Skåne and Kotka in 2024. Read more about the project here.
Facilitated by the Acting Head of the NDPC secretariat, Krista Petäjäjärvi, the onsite meeting has successfully built on the efforts done online and synergically built a robust foundation for the collaborative journey ahead in the project’s next phases. Having an opportunity to learn both – from the pilot process – and each other is invaluable! The team is enthusiastic about the possibilities and impact that CCI4change project will bring to the Baltic Sea Region’s efforts in energy transition. Heartfelt gratitude to the Finnish partners for graciously hosting this foundational session!
We look forward continuing the collaboration with the project partners: Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture (lead partner, the Secretariat located in Latvia); Jurmala Local Government Administration (Latvia); the City of Kotka (Finland); Scania Region (Sweden); Cursor Oy: Kotka-Hamina Regional Development Company (Finland); Föreningen Stapelbädden/STPLN (Sweden) and South- Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences Ltd (Xamk) (Finland). And we are grateful to have associated partners on board in the form of the Riga Municipal Agency “Riga Energy Agency” (Latvia) and Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) (Secretariat located in Sweden).
The project is implemented from August 2023 until July 2025, the total budget of the CCI4change project is 470,000 euros, of which 80%, or 380 000 euros, come from the Interreg Baltic Sea Region programme and the remaining 20 % from the project partners.